Job Summary With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at . JOB SUMMARY The Billing Rep makes prepares and handles billing for patient accounts. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Prepares and handles billing for accounts to ensure timely reimbursement.
* Ensures that all paper claims are submitted within 48 hours of print date. Identifies insurance requirements needed to ensure payor requirements are met.
* Reviews bills for correct products, correct codes, physician information and correct billing format for payor.
* Pulls patient files if necessary to verify information.
* Ensures that all required backup documentation is submitted with the bill.
* May review and correct edit report for claims submitted electronically.
* Responds to written customer inquiries regarding account status within five days of receipt.
* Responds to verbal patient inquiries within 24 hours.
* Researches customer's accounts thoroughly and documents appropriately.
* Ensures that all changes to bills are documented in billing system to ensure future reimbursement.
* Documents all account activity on system.
* Brings recurring issues to the attention of the department supervisor. OTHER DUTIES * Performs other duties as required. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES * N/A Minimum Required Qualifications MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience * High School Diploma or GED required
* One year of related experience is required. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations * N/A SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES * Business Acumen
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Communication Proficiency
* Personal Effectiveness/Credibility Computer Skills * Basic skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word Language Skills * English (reading, writing, verbal) Mathematical Skills * Basic level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data. Other Skills PHYSICAL DEMANDS This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request. WORK ENVIRONMENT Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise. TRAVEL Occasional travel as required. OTHER INFORMATION The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual's position. EEO Statement As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet