Coverage on the weekends and holidays will be covered on an alternating basis on the same schedule as VA staff; frequency could change. Each 8-hour shift will include two 15-minute rest periods (breaks). Day shift (7:00 am to 3:30 pm) and alternate shifts, such as 10 or 12-hour shifts, may
be available after contract employee has performed successfully for a period of 90-days. Medical Technologist will perform stat and routine testing in the laboratory at the campus in the areas of specimen processing, hematology, chemistry, coagulation, urinalysis, basic microbiology and blood bank. Medical Technologist will perform patient/unit blood compatibility testing and issue compatible blood and blood products if required. Period of Performance:
Progress and compliance:
- The contract period of performance shall be a base period of one-year, with four 1-year option periods. The contract shall also include a possible 6-month extension.
The Medical Technologist will be expected to provide patient testing and preserving of specimens for later analysis.
- Send out of testing required on a STAT basis.
- Issue blood and blood products as requested from the physicians
- Perform required quality control and instrument maintenance.
- Follow all local Pathology protocols and procedures and those of College of American Pathologists, Food and Drug Administration and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments.
- Review of patient results and paperwork/documentation would be provided by the Evening/Midnight Medical Technologist Supervisor of the laboratory at the campus to determine the quality and proper analysis of the results verified.
- The Medical Technologist would need access to the computer and will need to have a background check performed.
- Complete HIPPA Privacy and Information Security Awareness training with signed rules of behavior and submit a SAR request for access.
- The Medical Technologist will be expected to provide patient testing and preservation of specimens for later analysis. Perform stat and routine testing in the laboratory at the campus in the areas of hematology, chemistry, coagulation, urinalysis, basic microbiology and blood bank. The Medical Technologist will send out testing required on a STAT basis.
- The Medical Technologist performs steps of analysis for a full range of standard, routine and specialized tests including instrument maintenance and performance checks, preparation of reagents/media, calibration/calibration verification of assays; and quality control testing.
- The Medical Technologist will follow all Clinical Laboratory protocols and procedures in accordance with local, CAP, FDA and CLIA standards.
- The Medical Technologist will participate in routine CAP Survey evaluations on a rotating basis.
- The Medical Technologist will perform required testing in blood bank and issue blood and blood products as requested and ordered by physicians.
- The Medical Technologist will request blood and blood products from the American Red Cross should the need arise under purchase order.
- The Medical Technologist must be able to use the computer system and enter patient results in the computer system.
- The Medical Technologist must meet all requirements to include the Privacy Act, HIPAA and Patient Safety rules, and all confidentiality rights of patients.
Limited Credentialing Required:
- All personnel must meet Medical Qualification Standards. Basic education requirements are a bachelor's degree in medical laboratory science, or in a related science.
- These standards also require that personnel must currently possess appropriate certification as a Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist from the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- It is required that candidates have a minimum of 1 year of experience working as a Medical Technologist at an acute care facility.
- Technical Proficiency - Contractor's shall be technically proficient in the skills necessary to fulfill the government's requirements, including the ability to speak, understand, read and write English fluently. Contractor shall provide documents upon request of the Contracting Officer (CO)/Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) to verify current and ongoing competency, skills, certification and/or licensure related to the provision of care, treatment and/or services performed.
All candidates shall be submitted initially for a limited credentialing process. Candidates must pass this limited credentialing before being considered to perform work under this contract. Must include the following documents:
- Transcript that indicates a bachelor's degree was issued in the appropriate field.
- Copy of current ASCP/AMT Certificate
- Copy of resume
Keyphrases: hematology jobs, hematologist jobs, blood technologist jobs, hematology oncology jobs, blood bank technologist jobs, hematologic jobs, oncology hematology jobs
Associated topics: blood collection, hematopathology, medical laboratory science, microbiology, mlt, surgical technologist, technician iii, technician lab, technician laboratory, testing