Basic Job Functions:
Kirby Building Systems is seeking applicants for the position of Environmental/Safety Technician. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the day to day environmental activities of this division. Additional support to Safety and other departments will be expected once the environmental duties are successfully accomplished. The key responsibilities of this position include the safe performance of the job duties listed below:
- Maintenance of all regulatory programs to include APC, WPC and Waste Management.
- Maintenance of the EMS and related Corporate Environmental Programs.
- Maintenance duties in Safety Program and other programs with progression.
- Interact with division teams to monitor and measure progress on all environmental programs.
- Interact with division teams to ensure compliance/conformance on all division projects.
- Interact with other Nucor operating units to ensure the achievement of continuous improvement.
- Moderate travelling required. May be short notice.
- Provide backup support to other departments as assigned.
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience and/or training in an environmentally related discipline.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver's license.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US (Nucor will not sponsor the need for a visa now or in the future)
- Manufacturing experience.
- Degree in environmental engineering or related discipline.
- Ability and desire to move into an Environmental or Safety role.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
Associated topics: constable, emr, environment, environmental, gauge, nursing, risk, scba, waste, wwtp